Thursday, September 17, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Right?

I have been absent. I started a new writing class. H started a new heat transfer class. (What is heat transfer, you ask? I do not know. I will never know. No matter how many times it is explained to me, I. do. not. know.) School is in full swing. I have finally arrived at a strategy for Rose #1 and her homework. The expectation for 2nd grade homework is 20 minutes per night *and* 10 minutes of reading aloud. So, we set the timer for 20 minutes and I work with her - spelling, math, whatever is on the agenda. And, then we reset the timer for 10 minutes and she reads to me. We are reading Time Cat by Lloyd Alexander. It is a good read!

This weekend we are going to the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival. This is our second year at the festival. The best part (in my opinion) is that we stay at a very, very nice cabin that is owned by an acquaintance of our family. Fireplace. Lake right out the back door. This year it is going to be sunny and nice - we are going fishing! BTW, did you know that the state of Wisconsin has an extensive, I mean truly comprehensive, set of fishing regulations! I looked at the PDF online of the fishing regulations and that sucker is 72 pages!!

No comments: