Monday, February 18, 2013

Presidents' Day

The success of our at-home days is directly proportional to how little TV the Roses watch...so, we went rollerskating instead.  Here are the Roses waiting in line to get into the roller rink.  It was kinda busy.  They are giving each other rollerblade backrubs.

And Rose #2 showing off her excellent rollerblade balancing skills...
And Rose #1 getting the all-important game tokens...
And Rose #3, just vamping:
My nephew, Sir Sno-Cone:
My niece, the blue-tooth vampire:
And, a change in venue:  probably the last ever, ever, ever slip and slide party at Poppy's house!
I spent the evening cleaning up the Valentine's Day detritus.  Does anyone else really, really dislike how Valentine's Day has become about candy, cheap plastic toys, and little cards stuck together with heart stickers that are impossible to pry off the sticker sheet?  Because I do, and I feel a little more Scrooge-ish every year.  Bother.  We just have to get through the Valentine's candy before...well...Easter.  (I remember my mom gave us a Cadbury cream egg every year for Easter.  I used to love those things.  I wonder how many calories they had...)

No comments: