Monday, November 1, 2010

Finally I Can Post About The Quilt!!!!!!

After waiting and keeping it a secret for MONTHS or maybe even YEARS, tonight we finally got to give the quilt to baby Frannie and her mom and dad. Guppy welcomed every new baby into the family with a toast at MND and a new quilt. Tonight we did the same and even though Guppy wasn't there it was great to welcome Frannie.

I am very proud of our quilt! My cousin Chris is married to a wonderful woman named Jill, who happens to be a fabulous quilter. Not so very long after Guppy died, I cleaned out her fabric stash with a mind to continue the tradition of making a new quilt for each new baby. I found that Guppy had completed a few quilt squares before she died. The green dog in the center of this quilt is one that she had sewn. I sent it and a collection of complementary fabric to Jill, who sent it back in kits for volunteers to prepare squares.

Here's who sewed: me, Aunt Boo, Aunt Brenna, Aunt Missy, Aunt Tonya, Aunt Charity, Ginny, Katie, Aunt Abby, Polly, and Karen Lanegran. And of course Jill! And Cynthia went through Guppy's fabric and put together sets so we could have a coordinated color scheme.


I know it doesn't make up for Guppy being gone, but I hope this blanket wraps Frannie up nice and warm and lets her know how much we all love her. Welcome to the world Francesca! We love you so, so much!

3 comments:

Ginny Stryker Brodeen said...

It's a beautiful quilt and tribute to the importance of people, family and more, who cherish our children forever. I'm sure KT left that dog square for the future.

Jill said...

I think you all did a fabulous job and it's great you are carrying on the tradition, what a way for franny to feel included!!

Lisa Webster said...

It's beautiful! Such a treasure!

It reminds me of how my mom found some pieces of hardanger in my Grandma's things after she died. She finished them and gave them out the following Christmas. I treasure mine!

You are such a wonderful person!