Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Night Without TV

No TV tonight. Instead, the Roses are:
  • Drawing detailed pictures of next Halloween's costumes (Rose #1 and #2 - we have Harry Potter, a vampire and a "chubby" princess on tap for October 31, 2010)
  • Playing with her coin collection (Rose #3)

If I could get rid of the TV altogether, I would. In my perfect world, I would have a really nice DVD player/flat screen in my bedroom, so I could watch movies when I am folding laundry or ironing and for 30 minutes before I go to bed. The kids would have ZERO TV. I mean ZERO. No more Disney channel, or Cartoon Network (I HATE channels that market to children. Every time my children ask for Blendy Pens or some contraption that dispenses toothpaste from a device you affix to the wall, I know they have been watching some ridiculous cartoon on Cartoon Network). Their behavior is vastly improved without TV and their capacity to engage in creative activities is vastly expanded.

Pipe dreams, though, to have no TV.

No comments: