Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ladies Night #4

Here we are - the fourth night of H's class. We have had a fun night. We worked on spelling words (February! Astronomy!) and Rose #2 is working on identifying the first letter in words - bat, cat, mat, sat, etc. She is doing well and learning her letters.

After dinner Rose #2 decided she wanted to start playing the piano! I think we are going to have to get our piano tuned up and start on some piano lessons! Maybe I will take some too.

OK, here is a secret about me. I know this blog is about my kids, and that's where the focus is, but I have to tell you something about me. I have always wanted to be a writer, for as long as I can remember. So, I decided to start writing short stories. Why not? I also decided that I don't need fancy writing lessons or a ton of time every day. I have been writing on the train on the way to and from work. 25 minutes/day. Beats 0 minutes/day?!

Rose #3 can say so many, many words. Like "Mommy, get me dressy. Now. Get my pink dressy now." And, "Mommy, get me juice. Get me juice in a cup. Now." And, "Mommy, want my booky. Get my booky. Now." (Do you discern a pattern?)  Here she is, enjoying her Wednesday night shower:




Rose #1 is about to lose her second bottom tooth.  And, be a Lion Dancer in her school musical!  The first grade musical...

No comments: