Thursday, January 8, 2009

Incapacitated by a book

I will regret making this post, I fear, because it reveals two things about me.

One, I am terminally uncool.  I am so far behind trends it kind of makes my teeth hurt.

Two, I really like romance novels.  This pains me to admit.

But, I have to get this off my chest.  I read the first two books in the Twilight series and now I am literally waiting by the mailbox to get the second two from Quality Paperback Book Club.

(This will reveal something else about me - when I get it into my head that I need to get a bargain, no amount of inconvenience will stop me.  That is, I could go to Barnes & Noble, or even to Red Balloon, and just buy the darn books.  But I got a good deal at QPB.  Only they decided to ship them on the back of a camel who took the long way around the globe from Pennsylvania to ship the books to me.  Sigh.)

OK, enough confessions of a mother tonight.  The Roses are just fine, because I know you were wondering.

No comments: