Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dinner Without Daddy

Tonight H is in Phoenix, so we had company for dinner. Guppy brought over delicious chicken and noodles, and Aunt Boo brought Baby Kate, delicious broccoli and fruit pizza. Baby Kate is getting so big! Her eyes are open a lot and she was so good at dinner playing with her rattle. She took a little nap on my chest. Here she is resting on her mom's shoulder:
For the first time ever Rose #3 was permitted to hold Baby Kate (under STRICT supervision of course). She thought she was the cat's pajamas. Look at her smile! You can just tell what she is thinking: Look at what a big girl I am!!
Rose #2 never lets a little baby-holding action pass her by. When I was putting her to bed tonight she told me that holding Baby Kate was the best part of her day.

We also got a chance to say "hi" to Daddy on the phone. H is in Phoenix for work. I honestly do not know exactly what he is doing but it involves airplanes. This is the picture he sent to me from his phone.


One of the most alive parts of my day was running through the rain after work. It was POURING DOWN RAIN right when I came out of our building. I had no umbrella (of course) and so I got soaking wet. For some reason the sidewalk I normally walk down was JAMMED with people right when I wanted to go through, so I ended up dodging under people's umbrellas. I felt like I was in a pinball machine!
Since I am a single mom tonight and tomorrow night (at least until H gets home around 10:30 p.m.!) I better turn in. As Rose #3 would say, "Ni Ni."

No comments: