Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Northfield Birthday

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, I went to the Soviet Union on an exchange program. My best friend Anna was on that trip too, and we became lifelong friends. Sunday was her birthday (age 27!) and we went to Northfield for the celebration! Here are the girls eating dinner on the porch. The repast was delicious: hot dogs, corn, watermelon and edamame (which my children pronounced yucky but which I found to be quite delicious). A birthday is not a birthday without a good game of "upside down." Here are the Roses and Nadia playing this fine game. Luckily this game happened before dinner, since the upside down game can be hard on one's tummy.
(Can you tell how much we love being invited for a party?)

Happy Birthday Anna, and many, many happy returns. I honestly believe that you never know what might be around the next corner - life has a way of working out. All my best birthday wishes to you!

No comments: