Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thanks Ahma and Ahgong!

Ahma and Ahgong took the girls to see the koi this morning, and out for lunch. That meant that H and I were free this morning! We had a great time. We took the van in for an oil change, and then went out for brunch. H had the Cajun breakfast at Louisiana Cafe and I had two eggs, hashbrowns and toast. It was very nice to be out for brunch just the two of us, with no kids. On the way out we saw two sets of twins coming in with their parents. We had a way more relaxing brunch than those folks.

After brunch we went to REI to buy new sandals. They were extravagant for me, but H reminded me that the last time we bought new sandals was about 6 years ago. So I guess if you boil that down to a per-wear price, it is manageable. Plus they look so cool!

After a period when we are just doing our best to stay afloat as parents, as employees, as neighbors, etc. I am always so happy to find, again, that I really do love my husband very much. It is hard to connect during the day-to-day, and I don't always make the effort that I should to say a kind word, talk about our days, etc. When we have a rare few hours to just be together, I always resolve to do better. I resolve again to put being a wife in the list above.

No comments: