Thursday, November 13, 2008

A fond farewell to our camera (sob)

Last night as I was reading bedtime stories to the Roses, I heard a terrible crash and a gut wrenching crunching noise from downstairs.  Then a "Oh Sh**!" from H.  Yes, our fancy camera, purchased as a Christmas gift from me to H a couple years ago, fell down from its "safe" perch on top of one of our really high bookshelves, and it is completely, totally, 100% broken.  And ruined.

It is my fault.  I took it down last night to take pictures for this blog (argh!) and I put it on the couch rather than putting it away on top of the shelf.  I also just stuck it in the bag, I did not fasten the bag.  So when H went to put it away on the shelf, his hand slipped and the camera toppled out of the bag.

What a stupid stupid mistake (of mine not to close the bag) and what a shame.  I am so sorry.  I know there are much worse things that could happen, but that camera brought us a lot of joy.  And it will be very expensive to replace.

No comments: