Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

It was a gorgeous night for Halloween in Minnesota.  It was about 55 degrees when we went out at 6:00.   Rose #1 went as Luke Skywalker.  She saved up for her own lightsaber!  Lest you think that I am a terrible mean mommy that makes her children buy their own costumes, it should be noted that we actually already have three lightsabers, but none of them was the right color.  So, Rose #1 was required to buy her own blue lightsaber:
Rose #2 was Pikachu.  This is a Pokemon character, in case you didn't know.  We were SUPER lucky to find the costume at a thrift store.  Actually, I have thrift store shoppers that shop on my behalf (thanks Katie!!) and she found it.  $5!!!!!  We bought the face paints and Tam made the ears.  Yay!  Note the side view of the tail:
And Rose #3, of course, was a giraffe!  This is the same costume that Rose #2 wore when she was 2.  I thought the face painting turned out really well (if I do say so myself).
And I wanted at least one of me and Rose #3:
And here is the group photo for Halloween 08:
Gosh, we have a lot of candy in our house today.  Rule #1 of the day after Halloween:  NO CANDY BEFORE LUNCH!! 

No comments: