Friday, November 28, 2008

A Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Menu:  Turkey, fried rice, mashed potatoes, Chinese broccoli, gravy (yes, from a packet), egg rolls, and squid.  And homemade french silk pie (take THAT, Baker's Square, with peanuts and tree nuts in your pie!).

We were at my in-laws' house.  Guess who loved the squid?  Rose #2, that's who.  She immediately asked for a helping of squid, and then seconds, and thirds.  Guess who couldn't even bring herself to eat squid?  Yours truly.  Guess who is getting used to the fact that squid would be on the menu?  Also yours truly.  (Seems like about time after 10+ years, but I can be a slow learner that way.)

I don't want to seem like I am not an adventurous eater, but in truth I guess I am not.  I am not opposed to other people eating things like squid, though.  I do think it is funny that a 4-year-old would want to eat it!

Other cute things about Thanksgiving:  
  • The girls, with their Ahgong, watching PBS kids on the new flatscreen TV that Ahma and Ahgong got for their kitchen.  They were sitting on the floor and Rose #3 was lounging on her Ahgong's lap.  
  • Rose #3 coming over to the dinner table after she was done but the grownups were not, and jumping while holding the side of the table as if she was on a trampoline.  But she wasn't.  
  • Ahma was cute because she loves the Roses so much.  She volunteers at Rose #1's school and Rose #2's school, and it continues to amaze me how much she loves the girls.  She watches them, and she knows about them, and I think they are the first thing she thinks of when she gets up and the last thing she thinks of before she goes to sleep.  That's ONE thing we have in common.  (Well, two, I guess - we both love her son!)

No comments: